Tenant Resources:

Contact us for assistance with your property:

Other Websites

Springfield Chamber of Commerce


Eugene Chamber of Commerce


City of Springfield


City of Eugene


Homerentals.net (search)


Willamalane Park and Rec district


Google Maps

To locate properties by address


Century Link




Dish Network


Frequently Asked Questions - Tenants

What happens to my deposit if a roommate leaves but I stay?

Your deposit is a joint deposit that remains with the unit until it is vacated. It is the responsibility of the new tenant or remaining tenant to give back the portion of the deposit to the vacating tenant. We only issue deposit refund checks when the unit has been vacated.

What if I am locked out of my apartment?

Unfortunately, lockouts are not an emergency. If you have a resident manager and he or she is not available, you will need to contact a locksmith at your own expense.

Can I paint the walls in my apartment a different color?

Making any changes to the unit without permission is strictly prohibited in your rental agreement and may be grounds for eviction. Please obtain prior written approval from Emerald Property Management, Inc.

How long can I have a visitor stay with me in my apartment?

Overnight visitors are limited to 14 days per year. Longer visits must receive written approval.

What do I do if the smoke detector in my unit starts beeping?

In most cases the 9-volt or lithium battery in your smoke detector needs to be changed. These can be purchased at your local market or hardware store. If you can not reach the smoke detector due to vaulted ceilings, please complete a repair request form.

What do I do if I lose my apartment keys?

In most cases we will be able to provide you with a new set of keys for a fee. However, if it is after hours and you are locked out, you will need to contact a locksmith.

What do I do about a plumbing problem?

Call the maintenance department at the main office or your resident manager. If it is after-hours, please contact the on-call maintenance number for your building or go to extension 505 after calling our main office.

How do I get other repairs on my home completed?

Either call your resident manager or fill out our repair request form available at our main office We will contact you regarding our solution to fix your maintenance request.

What should I do in an emergency?

In case of fire or flood or other major emergencies, please dial 911. Other maintenance emergencies can be reported to our 24 hour maintenance emergency line at (541)741-4676, ext. 505.

Who pays for repairs in my unit?

You will only be billed for repairs if the repair was a direct result of actions that were the tenantís responsibility. Remember tenantís are responsible for damages done by their guests.

I want to install a satellite dish, what should I do?

Please call our office for written approval. Installation of a satellite dish requires fulfilling all of the terms and conditions in our "Satellite Addendum" .Some apartments may not be able to have satellite television service because they cannot meet the requirements of the addendum.

How do you pro-rate rent?

(MONTHLY RENT X 12)/365 = DAILY RATE, then multiply number of days pro-rating times daily rate.